By Lisa Hummel
These protein peanut butter energy balls are little healthful treats that require no baking. Who doesn’t like the sound of that? Packed with protein and fiber to keep you full, they provide a quick burst of protein before a workout, or a pick me up in the middle of the day. Hint: For a healthy snack, they feel decadent enough for dessert!
I use natural peanut butter and add a scoop of vanilla protein powder for extra protein. However, feel free to skip the extra protein, you won’t lose any flavor.
Whip up a quick batch of these goodies to be ready for the next time you hear “There’s nothing to eat!” Surprise them with these peanut butter balls. You might want to double the recipe because these are sure to become everyone’s favorite snack!
- • 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- • 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural)
- • 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- • 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- • 1/3 cup honey
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. You can cover and chill in refrigerator before rolling into balls or you can immediately roll into 1-inch balls.
- Once rolled, I place them on a sheet pan with wax paper and then stick them in the fridge till firm.
- Once chilled, I store them in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated.