My husband I have a Saturday morning tradition where we make a big breakfast with eggs, Canadian bacon, and these delicious gluten free banana pancakes (with maple syrup of course!). I adapted this recipe from when I did the 21 day fix program, and then my mom took a crack at them and made them even better! These pancakes use oat flour instead of white or whole wheat flour and you feel so light after you eat them. We put blueberries in them as well, but you can add nuts, or other fruit to the mixture to customize it to your liking.
If you are a pancake lover but have avoided them due to the calories, I highly recommend trying them out. I don’t buy oat flour so I make my own by taking oats and grinding them up in my food processor, it’s the same thing.
- 1 overripe banana smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3-cup gluten free oat flour (or oats ground in food processor or blender)
- ½ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/3-cup blueberries, optional
- For sweeter pancakes add 1 T. maple syrup or a packet of stevia
- In a mixing bowl, smash banana. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well with mixer. Then add dry ingredients mixing well. Fold in blueberries, optional. To make pancakes measure out ¼ cup batter onto preheated skillet coated with cooking spray or coconut oil. Cook for about 1½ minutes then flip and cook another 1-1 ½ minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy with some real maple syrup.